About the Iowa State Fair
The 2018 Iowa State Fair will be held August 9 to 19.
Iowa Food & Family Project exhibit (located in south atrium of the Varied Industries Building) will offer fairgoers a unique perspective about agriculture, farm families, food and food retailers.
More than 250,000 fairgoers are expected to “follow a farmer” through a one-of-a-kind combination barn-and-home, complete a short quiz and enter to win several fabulous prizes including a $500 meat & dairy bundle, $500 Hy-Vee Gift Card, $500 Earl May Dream Garden and Casey’s Pizza for a Year! Take your turn at the Food and Farm Trivia Wheel and meet celebrity artists as they paint a larger-than-life mural celebrating Iowa and the families and food that grow here.
Here's our celebrity painter schedule:
- Chuck Long | Thursday, August 9 at 1 p.m.
- Mike Naig | Saturday, August 11 at 1:30 p.m.
- Cy and the Iowa State University Cheer Squad | Wednesday, August 15 at 1 p.m.
- Herky | Wednesday, August 15 at 2 p.m.
- Governor Kim Reynolds | Thursday, August 16 at 1 p.m.
Be sure to plan your trip to the fair around our Top 9 Iowa State Fair Food Favorites, each featuring Iowa-grown ingredients.