Smoked Brisket Breakfast Burrito with Summertime Salsa
Recipe from Chef Jeff Schoening, Machine Shed Restaurant
Ingredients for breakfast burrito
- One 10" flour tortilla
- 3 oz hashbrowns
- 2 oz smoked brisket
- 3oz scrambled eggs
- 2 oz shredded colby cheese
- 2 tbs fresh garden salsa
Ingredients for salsa
- 6 whole tomatoes, small diced
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped (red, green or yellow)*
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salsa, add all ingredients except one tomato into a food processor. Blend until desired consistency. Add remaining tomato; chill overnight for best results.
To build your burrito, warp all ingredients into a warm tortilla. It's perfect to grab and eat on the go!
*As a variation, substitute sweet corn and rinsed black beans (1/2 cup of each) for a nice black bean salsa.