Bacon Avocado and Tomato Deviled Eggs
Recipe from Cristen Clark, Food & Swine
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed well
- ¼ cup AE Dairy Sour Cream Dip, Toasted Onion flavor or plain sour cream (the secret ingredient!)
- 3 tablespoons regular mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, halved (or 6 regular-sized cherry tomatoes, quartered or one small tomato, chopped)
- 4-6 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
Cut eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove hard yolks carefully into a separate bowl. Add avocado, sour cream, mayonnaise and sugar to the egg yolks. Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth. Chill.
Scoop a generous amount of mixture into each egg white half.
Right before serving, garnish with small cherry tomato half or quarter and crisp bacon crumbles.
Makes 24 deviled eggs.