Cucumber Slices with Herbed Cream Cheese
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 - 8 oz. container whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 micro cherry tomatoes, halved
Slice the cucumbers and arrange them on a platter. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese, dill, chives, basil, thyme, garlic, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Using an extra small cookie scoop or a piping bag, add approximately 1 ½-2 teaspoons of mixture on top of each cucumber slice. Garnish finished product with a cherry tomato half and sprinkle with extra chopped herbs right before serving.
This recipe was developed as part of Iowa Food & Family Project's "Let's Grow Together" campaign, in partnership with Earl May Garden Center.