Jade Hummus with Pita Crisps
Recipe from The Soyfoods Council
- 6 pitas (6-inch), split in half horizontally
- 1 ½ cups frozen blanched shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soybean oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange pita halves in a single layer on oven rack. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp; cool completely on wire rack. Break each pita half into about 6 chips.
Prepare edamame according to package instructions, omitting salt. Place 1 tablespoon oil, along with salt, cumin, coriander, and garlic in a food processor; pulse 2 to 3 times or until coarsely chopped. Add edamame, parsley tahini, water, and lemon juice; process 1 minute or until smooth. Spoon hummus into a serving bowl. Drizzle hummus with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with paprika.
Calories 147 (30% from fat); 4.9g fat (sat 0.6g, mono 2.2g, poly1.9g); 5.6g protein; 20.3g carbohydrates; 2.2g fiber: 0mg cholesterol; 1.5mg iron; 268mg sodium; 48mg calcium.