Mini Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar, plus ¼ cup for rolling dough balls
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup English walnuts, chopped finely
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, add butter and sugars, beat together until combined and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix only until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Scoop with mini ice cream scoop (roughly one scant tablespoon) into balls, roll in granulated sugar.
Place on greased or lined baking sheets 2-3 inches apart. Gently depress tops to make flat, thick disks. Sprinkle on a bit more sugar, if desired.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove to a cooling rack. When cooled, serve piled high into a Styrofoam cup for full “Fair effect” alongside a cold glass of milk.