Bacon-Wrapped, Crab-Stuffed Shrimp
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 ounces imitation or pasteurized crabmeat, chopped
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 scallions, green tops only, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds extra-large shrimp (10 to 12 count), peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 2 pounds thin-sliced bacon
- ½ cup sweet Thai chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a large mixing bowl blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth. Fold in the crabmeat, bread crumbs, scallions and seasonings; mix until well blended.
Place the shrimp on the prepared baking sheet, butterflied side down and tails facing up. Mound 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each shrimp between the back and tail. Wrap each shrimp with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
Bake the shrimp for 15 minutes, then remove the shrimp from the oven and generously brush with sauce. Return the shrimp to the oven and cook 5 to 10 minutes more or until the glaze is set.
To serve, place glazed shrimp on a platter and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Nutrition per serving: 482 Calories, 36g Total Fat, 199mg Cholesterol, 967mg Sodium, 11g Carbohydrate, 0.3g Fiber, 28g Protein