Cornbread, Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Recipe from Iowa Pork Producers Association
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces pork sausage, bulk
- 2 cups apple, unpeeled and chopped
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cornbread, coarsely crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
Heat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, cook sausage until brown.
Remove sausage; drain fat and set aside. In the same skillet, cook apple and onion in hot butter until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning and black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine sausage, apple mixture, cornbread and parsley. Drizzle with enough chicken broth to moisten, tossing gently. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole.
Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition per serving: 340 Calories, 18g Fat, 60mg Cholesterol, 680mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 8g Protein