Grilled Chicken with Soybean Salad and Spicy Cherry Sauce
Recipe from The Soyfoods Council
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup cherry jam
- 2 tablespoons red jalapeno jam
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced chives
- 1½ cups trimmed, cooked haricot verts (or regular green beans)
- ¾ cup canned tan soybeans
- ¾ cup cooked edamame
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 8 chicken thighs
Combine the first three ingredients, plus ⅛ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper in a saucepan and cook until mixture is a thin, syrupy consistency. Let cool.
Combine the next six ingredients in a large bowl; add the beans and shallots and toss well.
Season the chicken with ⅛ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper.
Grill over charcoal to desired doneness. Place chicken on bean salad, drizzle with cherry syrup.
Nutrition per serving: 677 Calories, 37g Total Fat, 158mg Cholesterol, 343mg Sodium, 45g Carbohydrate, 5.5g Fiber, 42g Protein